Our Chairman, Compton Hellyer, used to be Chairman of Sporting Index and he has always liked a flutter. We have set up The Chairman's Challenge to predict the highlights of the year ahead.
It’s free to enter, hopefully fun to do and the winner gets a case of champagne with bottles of champagne going to those placed 2nd and 3rd. This year we will also pledge £5 to the firm’s nominated charity for each entry we receive.
Thank you to all of those who have taken part this year. Below are the answers so far, but keep an eye on the leader board for your position in this year’s challenge and good luck!
1. Which team will win the RBS Six Nations and which team will take the wooden spoon?[1 point for each correct answer]
Winner = Wales, Spoon = France
2. What will be the nationalities of the winners of the men's and women's London Marathons?[1 point for each correct answer]
Men = Ethiopia, Women = Kenya
3. Who will win the FA Cup?[1 point]
4. Name the 2 teams that will contest the UEFA Champions League final?[1 point for each correct answer]
Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund
5. What will be the result of the 3 test series of the Lions Tour and who will be the top Lions try scorer over the 3 tests?[1 point for each correct answer]
Lions 2-1. George North.
6. Who will captain the British and Irish Lions?[1 point]
7. Name the four men's semi finalists at Wimbledon?[1 point for each correct answer]
Murray, Djokovic, Janowicz, Del Potro
8. How many stages in the Tour de France will be won by riders from Britain and the Isle of Man?[1 point]
9. Name the winner of each of the 4 golf majors in 2013? (US Masters, British Open, US Open, PGA Championship)[1 point for each correct answer]
10. What will be the score in this summer's 5 match Ashes test series?[1 point]
England 3 / Australia 0
11. Who will be England's top run scorer and top wicket taker in this Summer's Ashes Test Series?[1 point for each correct answer]
Runs = Bell, Wickets = Swann
12. How many grand slams/majors will Andy Murray and Rory McIlroy win between them in 2013?[1 point]
13. Who will win the 2013 Formula 1 Drivers Title and Constructers Title?[1 point for each correct answer]
14. Name the 2013 BBC Sports Personality of the Year?[1 point]
15. How many British tennis players (male and female) will be in the world's top 100 on 31 December 2013?[1 point]
16. Name the bottom 3 teams in the FA Premier League on 31 December 2013?[1 point for each correct answer]
“onside law rises in the rankings following another strong year and has emerged as a serious player in the market. According to clients its 'superior team' 'has very good knowledge of the sports industry' and 'is refreshingly commercial’. It ‘impresses in an area where it has genuine niche expertise’.”
“As a boutique sports and entertainment firm, it is able to offer its clients highly specialised advice, which has been key to its attracting and maintaining client relationships with prominent sports bodies such as the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Ryder Cup Europe. Sources say: ‘All four main partners are highly charismatic individuals, all are young, enthusiastic and energetic, and all work exceptionally well together as a team.’"