Our Chairman, Compton Hellyer, used to be Chairman of Sporting Index and he has always liked a flutter. We have set up The Chairman's Challenge to predict the highlights of the year ahead.
It’s free to enter, hopefully fun to do and the winner gets a case of champagne with bottles of champagne going to those placed 2nd and 3rd. This year we will also pledge £5 to the firm’s nominated charity for each entry we receive.
Thank you to all of those who have taken part this year. Below are the answers so far, but keep an eye on the leader board for your position in this year’s challenge and good luck!
1. Name the winner of the Six Nations.[2 points]
2. Name the top try scorer in the Six Nations.[2 points]
Chris Ashton (6)
3. Who will be the four semi finalists at the Cricket World Cup?[1 point each]
4. Which player will score the most runs at the Cricket World Cup?[2 points]
5. Name the best placed UK golfer at the Masters.[2 points]
6. Name the two finalists in the FA Cup.[2 points each]
7. Name the two finalists in the Champions League.[2 points]
8. Name the four men’s semi finalists at Wimbledon.[1 point each]
9. Name the top 3 golfers in the British Open.[1 point each & extra 2 points for the winner]
10. How many stages in the Tour de France will be won by riders from Britain and the Isle of Man?[2 points]
11. How many majors will be won by European golfers (i.e players capable of Ryder Cup selection)?[2 points]
12. Who will win England’s test series against India & by what margin?[1 point for winner and 2 points for correct score]
13. Who will be England’s top run scorer & top wicket taker in the India test series?[2 points each]
14. Who will be the two finalists in the Rugby World Cup?[2 points]
15. Who will be the to qualify for the knock out stages of the Rugby World Cup?highest placed team in the IRB rankings not[2 points]
16. Who will be the Formula 1 World Champion?[2 points]
17. Name the 2011 BBC Sports Personality of the Year.[2 points for the winner & 1 point if placed]
18. Who will be the ladies number 1 tennis player as at 31 December 2011?[2 points]
19. Name the bottom 3 teams in the FA Premier League on 31 December 2011.[1 point each]
20. What will the closing price of the FTSE 100 be on 31 December 2011?[2 points if within 100 points]
“onside law rises in the rankings following another strong year and has emerged as a serious player in the market. According to clients its 'superior team' 'has very good knowledge of the sports industry' and 'is refreshingly commercial’. It ‘impresses in an area where it has genuine niche expertise’.”
“As a boutique sports and entertainment firm, it is able to offer its clients highly specialised advice, which has been key to its attracting and maintaining client relationships with prominent sports bodies such as the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Ryder Cup Europe. Sources say: ‘All four main partners are highly charismatic individuals, all are young, enthusiastic and energetic, and all work exceptionally well together as a team.’"