27 May 21
Onside Law is widely recognised as one of the UK’s top sports law firms. Our clients are some of the biggest names in sport and media, including many national and international governing bodies, broadcasters, clubs, sponsors, investors, entrepreneurs, digital media and technology companies and high-profile athletes. Our Commercial practice is thriving, and we are seeking to bolster our team with a mid-level associate who has experience advising on commercial issues, particularly in relation to IP and/or media and broadcasting rights
What does the role involve?
The role will focus on advising on a wide range of commercial matters, including:
- Sponsorship contracts.
- Endorsement contracts and image rights.
- Major events and hosting.
- Intellectual property-related advice.
- Media and broadcasting rights.
- Technology contracts.
- Supply of goods/services contracts.
What experience is required?
We are looking for someone with 2-4 years post qualification experience gained at a leading national or international law firm and/or within a relevant in-house role. You should have excellent technical skills and experience of advising on the types of matters noted above.
Experience in the sports sector is not a pre-requisite, but we expect you to display an understanding of the sector and a demonstrable desire to work in it.
What skills and attributes are expected?
- Onside Law is renowned for advising in a way that is practical and commercial and supports our clients’ strategic objectives without compromising legal acumen or attention to detail. We expect candidates to demonstrate a desire and ability to advise in this way.
- Excellent organisational skills, particularly in relation to being able to efficiently manage and prioritise multiple matters and responsibilities whilst meeting internal and external timelines.
- Someone who can “hit the ground running”, including being comfortable and able to lead matters with minimal supervision where appropriate.
- Someone who is personable with a good client manner and who enjoys working directly with a range of different clients.
- An enthusiastic and energetic team player that is willing to work on matters outside of their direct experience and day-to-day practice.
- Someone who is pro-active and uses their initiative on fee-earning and non-fee-earning work.
- A commitment to regularly update their own technical expertise and support the firm’s internal know-how.
- A willingness and ability to contribute to the firm’s business development activities and identify and develop business opportunities.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
At Onside Law, we understand the importance of ensuring and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do and within the sporting and media communities we serve and in which we operate.
We believe that success is best achieved when teams are built around diversity of background, experience, thought, personality and opinion, without any discrimination, disrespect or unfair treatment.
Accordingly, we will operate a fair and open recruitment process, with careful consideration of assessment methods, to ensure that we are attracting a diverse field of candidates. We will also look to hire talent from as many backgrounds as possible, with equal opportunities for underrepresented groups in the legal profession (including individuals who are Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, female, disabled, those with a long-term health condition, LGBT+, those educated at non-selective state schools and/or those from less privileged backgrounds). You can read more about out commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion on our website at the following link: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy| Onside Law.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply to us by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter which makes clear how you meet our requirements for the role.
The closing date for applications for this position is Friday 18 June 2021. Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies.