Onside Law’s team of commercial lawyers has a detailed knowledge and understanding of the fashion industry and the legal issues affecting it. We are one of the very few law firms in the UK with a dedicated fashion practice. Not only has Onside Law advised clients from across the whole spectrum of the fashion industry but we also have experience from working within the industry itself in IMG’s fashion division and model agency.
We advise on a broad range of fashion-related matters including:
- Sponsorship, endorsements and representation
- Digital media and technology
- Merchandising, licensing and franchising
- Brand management and protection (including trademarks, copyright, design rights)
- Advertising, promotion and marketing
- Reputation management and defamation
- Litigation, arbitration, mediation and expert determination
- Company set-up
- Investment agreements (including SEIS and EIS investments)
- Shareholders agreements and joint ventures
- Acquisitions and disposals and management buy-outs
- Licensing, endorsement, appearance and campaign agreements for supermodels such as Helena Christensen, Lily Cole, Erin O’Connor, Heidi Klum, Georgia May Jagger, Malaika Firth and Cindy Crawford and with brands such as Armani, Burberry, Prada, Monsoon, Marks & Spencer and l’Oreal.
- Commercial, intellectual property and dispute resolution advice for model agency clients including Storm, Premier, Tess Models and Prima Model Management.
- Sponsorship agreements for events such as London Fashion Week and the British Style Awards.
- Event management advice for clients such as Fashion Fringe, including advice on all agreements from venue hire and supplier agreements through to talent hire and IP protection.
- Corporate and investment advice for agencies and designers such as International Models Management, Erdem and Basso & Brooke, including shareholder agreements, joint ventures and company set up.
- Franchising, licensing, supply and distribution agreements for designers and retailers including Antik Batik and Anna Lou.
- International licensing agreements in connection with the representation of the leading Indian fashion label Valaya.
- Reputation management and defamation advice.
- Design protection including advising on copyright and design right disputes for clients such as Crumpler.