At Onside Law, we understand the importance of ensuring and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do and within the sporting and media communities we serve and in which we operate.
We believe that success is best achieved when teams are built around diversity of background, experience, thought, personality and opinion, without any discrimination, disrespect or unfair treatment.
We are making progress but we recognise that there is much more to be done. This policy sets out our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion at Onside Law, which is a key strategic focus for us.
- We will treat all people fairly and with respect.
- We will actively encourage diversity of background, experience, thought, personality and opinion.
- We will ensure that everybody is included, noticed and heard, feels comfortable being themselves and that difference is valued and promoted.
Recruitment & Retention / Talent Development
- We will seek to mitigate unconscious bias across every aspect of our business.
- We will operate a fair and open recruitment process, with the careful consideration of assessment methods, to ensure that we are attracting a diverse field of candidates.
- We will look to hire talent from as many backgrounds as possible, with equal opportunities for underrepresented groups in the legal profession (including individuals who are Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, female, disabled, those with a long-term health condition, LGBT+, those educated at non-selective state schools and/or those from less privileged backgrounds).
- We will ensure that every member of our team is fully supported and championed to reach their full potential.
- We will not discriminate or be influenced in any way by reason of age, disability, gender, marital or civil partnership status, nationality, pregnancy, maternity or paternity, race, colour, culture or ethnic origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- We are committed to creating forward thinking people policies that support and help us deliver our diversity, equality and inclusion commitment now and in the long term, ensuring that the business provides a supportive and inclusive working environment for all. As part of this, we are creating a flexible working environment which supports parents and those with other dependants.
- Onside Law’s Diversity Team is led by Stevie Loughrey and Sophie Wilkinson and supported by Leon Farr and Hannah Kent. The team meets regularly to monitor and review this policy and our wider procedures and initiatives.
- As an official Corporate Member of Women in Football, we benefit from a bespoke programme of services and expertise helping us drive forward the firm’s diversity, equality and inclusivity commitment.
- We will make sure that everyone in our team is aware of this policy and we will hold each other to it. We will call-out and challenge any behaviour which is inconsistent with this policy.